The Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is awarded to students who successfully complete at least 60 semester credits of occupational and related general education courses. The degree provides students with skills and competencies for gainful employment. This degree is terminal. Credits earned may be transferred or counted at the discretion of the receiving institution. Students must earn a GPA of 2.0 (C) or better for all program courses required for the degree.
The College has Associate of Applied Science curricula in the following 14 programs:
- Agricultural Science (AG)
- Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (AC)
- Automotive Mechanics Technology (AM)
- Construction Technology (CT)
- Electrical Technology (ET)
- General Electronics (GE)
- Library & Information Services (LS)
- Nursing (NU)
- Office Administration (OA)
- Palauan Studies (PW)
- Small Engine & Outboard Marine Technology (SE)
- Tourism & Hospitality (TH)
- Tour Services
- Hotel Operations,
- Food and Beverage Operations
Entrance Requirements – To enter the Associate of Applied Science program, a student must meet the following requirements:
- Be a high school or adult high school graduate with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0; OR possess a GED diploma with a minimum score of on all five sections, OR
- currently enrolled student with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0.
Note: NU applicants must have Hepatitis B immunization prior to the beginning of clinical experience.
Exit Requirements – To be granted the Associate of Applied Science degree, the following must be fulfilled:
- Satisfactory Completion of a program major: specific courses for each major are specified under Programs and Courses on pages 48-65.
- Satisfactory completion of at least 16 (10 for NU and 13 for ET) credits in General Education including Core Requirements (See program listings for required courses):
- English – 3 credits minimum from EN 112 (CO 110 for the School of Technical Education, AG, PW, and TH).
- Quantitative – 3 credits minimum from MA 100 (MA103 for LS, NU, OA, PW and TH; MA 101 for AM and SE)
- Natural Science – 4 credits minimum from any of the following: AG111, SC103, SC 109, 110, 119, 120, 159A, 159B, 160, 161, 170, 201, 205, 206, 209, 239, 249 and 270 (except NU). See individual programs for specific course requirements.
- Social Science/Humanities – 4 credits; 1 credit from SS 100 and 3 credits minimum from any of the following: HI 149, 159, 169, 179, 189, 209; 259, VA 109; EN 189, 219; CO 201, 205; PH 169, 249; RE 169; CH 109; JP 109, 119, 209, 219; SS 109, 119, 129, 149, 169, 179, 189, 203, 209, 229, 259; MU 100, 102, 106; PW 101, 219. (See individual programs for specific course requirements).
- Health and Physical Education – 2 credits minimum from any of the following: HP 180, 181 & 185 (except NU). See individual programs for specific course requirements.
- Successfully complete minimum credits required for each program. (See different programs for required number of credits)
- Have a minimum Grade Point Average of 2.0
- Have a grade of C or better in each program course
- Have a grade of C or better in each other required program course
- Residency: Final 12 credits must be taken on PCC campus
- File an application for graduation. Refer to the “Application for Graduation” section of the catalog for complete details
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the College
1. Credits earned from courses numbered below 100 are generally not counted toward the AAS degree and not transferable to four-year colleges/universities.
2. The residency requirement may be waived for cause at the option of the Vice President of Education and Training.